As always I hope that you and your loved ones are well and safe.
The UK has surged in its COVID vaccination campaign and currently around 19 million people have been vaccinated with lockdown still imposed nationwide. The result was a drop in the infections or R ratio to 0.8, effectively meaning the virus is receding.
Last Monday the Prime Minister announced the Government’s road map to exiting the lockdown which he said will be gradual with an eye of the R ratio always. The following was the time table he announced for the unlocking:
- March 8th schools will reopen.
- March 29th outdoor gatherings of 6 people from two households is allowed.
- April 12th non-essential retail can reopen along with outdoor hospitality, gyms and sports.
- May 17th social contact rules to be lifted outdoors, mixing indoors allowed from 2 households.Indoor hospitality to open with limits.
- June 21st all legal limits on social contact to be removed and all closed sectors to be reopened with limits removed on weddings and life events.
It is most important to remember that the road map to 21st June is conditional on the R ratio remaining below 1 which entails vaccination reaching all the different ages of the population and protective facial covers and social distancing observed.
At this Branch, we shall continue to do the routine rounds of sanitisation and staff shielding. This in addition to other measures we adopted proved to be most beneficial throughout the pandemic and we shall continue to follow until it is safe to stop. We are returning to normal opening hours from Monday March 1st being 9:30am to 3:30pm.
I wish you all the best of health and happiness.
BLOM Bank France, London